Junior Graphic Designer
Saturdays is looking for a talented and multi-disciplinary Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. The position would work full-time at our main office and report directly to our Creative Director & Art Director
- Assist in the design process for a variety of projects including but not limited to weekly emailers, website updates, catalogs and product packaging
- Create work that demonstrates a strong sense of typography, layout, and composition
- Ability to think creatively within our in-house creative voice
- Prepare files for print & web production
- Ability to transition between multiple projects while managing deadlines efficiently
- Ability to manage external vendors (agencies, printers, production, photographers)
- Have at least 1-3 years of post grad working experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a larger group
- Should be a conceptual designer able to convey ideas and concepts through design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with print production and best web practices
- Knowledge in photography and ability to shoot and create content for social media is a plus
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and excited about design
- Capable of working within a fast paced work environment
- Self Starter who is able to take initiative, be productive and efficient
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Junior Graphic Designer" followed by your full name.
Retail Sales Representative
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time retail sales representatives for our SoHo and West Village locations.
- Identify ways to drive sales and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Enhance the customer service and create an environment that is welcoming to customers and coworkers
- Ensure store presentation and operating standards meet and exceed expectations
- Basic inventory management and maintenance.
- Strong experience in retail store work and sales is a must.
- Organized, devoted and hard worker
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Lightspeed a plus.
- Knowledge of surfing and surf related equipment a bonus.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Retail Sales Representative".
Fashion Design Intern - Spring 2019
Saturdays is seeking self-motivated fashion design interns for part-time and full-time roles for Spring 2019 at our corporate office. Interns will work with our design department on upcoming ready-to-wear collections. Students must be enrolled in college and able to receive credit to apply. Please note that this is an on-job experience program, not a mentorship.
- Working directly with design on various hands-on projects to prepare for upcoming ready-to-wear collection and/or SMU projects
- Expect a wide range of tasks from creating CADs to assembling TPs
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Knowledge of garment construction, and fundamental understanding of spec measurements is required
- Knowledge of fabric and understanding of basic applications not required but greatly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to receive academic credit
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Fashion Design Intern".
Production Intern - Spring 2019
Intern will work with Production team to gain insight on all stages of the apparel production process from initial concept through delivery.
- Assist in sourcing textiles and vendors.
- Attend fit sessions to ensure proper measurements are met and sample corrections are made.
- Monitor testing procedures on fabric, yarn, trim and finished garments.
- Maintain a Production Status Report to include current style detail information.
- Send out packages and check in protos, PPS and sample collection.
- Admin, tasks related to production and product development.
- Current enrollment in Production/Product Development degree program preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to receive academic credit.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Production Intern".
Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Associate
Saturdays is looking for an Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Specialist for our Ridgewood warehouse.
- Picking and packing daily Ecommerce orders
- Processing returns
- Customer Service via email and phones
- Working with POS and UPS Worldship
- Performing inventory spot checks
- Support general warehouse team during peak receiving and wholesale shipping periods
- 1-2 years experience ecommerce required
- Extremely organized and proactive
- Experience with Microsoft Office
How To Apply:
Please email your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected]