Reporting to and partnering closely with the Creative Director, the Senior Designer at SATURDAYS is responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining the cohesion and integrity of the Company's unique visual representations, while simultaneously developing and discovering new channels in which to expand the Company's visual and artistic presence.
- Lead the design team and execution of day-to-day management of visual assets used to support the global business.
- Conceptualize and lead brainstorming sessions for design campaigns across various mediums; deeply understand each individual channel and execute content accordingly.
- Execution of marketing assets and collateral such as brand books, wholesale materials, customer care experience including packaging, newsletters, site design, online marketing and content based programs.
- Responsible for graphic requirement needs set by teams within the brand.
- Stay current with graphic, typographic, cultural and fashion trends plus new techniques within the graphic design industry.
- Overseeing the brand aesthetic and working with seasonal budgets to deliver assets for all channels of business
- Create an efficient process to ensure that all deadlines are met (in coordination with other department calendars, timelines, and deadlines ).
- Participate in key meetings and creative presentations
- Partner with the Marketing team to guide the artistic direction of all content.
- Establish creative / branding best practices to share with all relevant internal departments.
- Participate in photo shoots to ensure product presentation is in line with Company goals. Assist with image editing.
- Partner with Press / Communications team to translate the Company's visual identity into written and verbal forms, helping to direct the voice of the brand.
- Liaise with 3rd party agencies on strategy of marketing and advertising efforts as they pertain to brand voice and aesthetic and needs.
- Take a hands-on role in managing day to day projects across design team, aligning needs and design quality from concept to completion
- Manage and mentor the design team, ensuring that projects keep to deadline and sustain and elevate the caliber of the visual design across all of the Brand’s work, while also being hands-on in design development
- 3+ years in a design related industry.
- Sophisticated sense of design, photography, and STRONG type skills.
- Problem-solving, interactive approach to design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to work well in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of other applications is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send a résumé, a link to an online portfolio, and five to ten PDF samples (10 MB maximum) for consideration with the subject title "Senior Designer" to [email protected]
We are looking for an enthusiastic and sales driven person with a deep interest in fashion and the digital landscape based in NYC. You will be responsible for setting the long and short-term strategy that supports the company’s online growth plans and help delivering a superior customer experience. We are seeking an individual who can help define the technological roadmap for the company while balancing the marketing and business objectives of the brand. You will be responsible for reaching the Sales and Profit goals and a central function working closely with all other departments within the company and as part of our Global team.
- Owning the digital marketing and ecommerce P&L.
- Overseeing performance marketing channels: Paid Search, Affiliates, Display, Email, and Google PLAs.
- Collaborating with creative team on site redesigns, optimizations, and A/B testing.
- Scheduling and planning photo studio and seasonal ecommerce shoots.
- Responsible for giving input on assortment and online product flow in cooperation with store sales and buying department.
- Working on Fraud protection.
- Creation of yearly marketing calendar for US, Japan and Australia regions.
- Manage and drive the digital activity planning in-line with the seamless sales strategy.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis of ecommerce business.
- Working with creative to plan content for Saturdays Magazine online - a SEO optimized, shoppable content marketing section of the site.
- Strategic planning and management of all site development.
- Maintaining and releasing new creative and products to Japanese market ecommerce site.
- Managing one direct report, ecommerce warehouse team, and partner agencies.
- Complete re-platforming in Q2 2019 to BigCommerce.
- Drive the technical development of the e-Commerce operations and define future need.
- Working with merchandising on roll-outs of seasonal deliveries.
- Set priorities and find new business opportunities based on data driven analysis’ customer behavior, and sales analysis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong commercial awareness – balance between commerciality and inspiration.
- Highly knowledgeable in digital and tech development.
- Analytical and business driven.
- Ability to communicate clearly and hold strategic level meetings.
- Ability to effectively manage an outsourced agency.
- Strong knowledge of how affiliate and paid marketing channels fit together.
- Proven ability to scale paid traffic while maintaining CPA targets.
- Technical understanding of e-commerce web platforms and analytics.
- Ability to secure and retain top talent through focused training, development and strong succession planning.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated while still working within a team environment and fostering a strong team collaboration.
- Skilled in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, merchandising, and marketing.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills to work with senior management and in a team to create business results.
- Proven ability to achieve results working both strategically and operationally.
- Be flexible to travel frequently international and domestic.
- Available to lead the team during crucial sales periods, including national holidays if needed.
- Experience running A/B, multivariate tests.
- Proven expertise finding and implementing new opportunities in search, social, retargeting, and email.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs, dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines and budgets.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently.
- Must be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong project management/time management skills.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "E-Commerce Director".
Wholesale Account Executive
Saturdays NYC is looking for a Wholesale Account Executive to join our growing wholesale department. This position will be focused on expanding Saturdays NYC wholesale distribution, performance, positioning, and sales on a global scale. As a Wholesale Account Executive at Saturdays NYC, you will be working alongside a dynamic and competent group of individuals. The position will be based at Saturdays NYC office in Soho New York City, but traveling will be a requirement of the position.
- Maintain key wholesale account relationships for Saturdays NYC
- Secure and build new business opportunities for global distribution of Saturdays NYC products/brand. Focused on on long-term, sustainable growth.
- Strategize on initiatives to increase and maximize sales, client sell through, and meet seasonal/annual budgets
- Analyze inventory levels and create weekly targets for re-orders
- Ability to project sales units for future and in-season business
- Seasonal store visits with key accounts to deliver product knowledge and sales driven events
- Reporting and analysis of collection performance, focused on maximizing future opportunities
- Represent Saturdays NYC brand image on a global scale
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operations and needs of Saturdays NYC global wholesale team
- Pro-actively develop long-term relationships with global wholesale partners
- Drive sell through and customer performance
- Traveling required
- 1 - 3+ years of professional experience in fashion wholesale sales & distribution
- International experiance
- Highly efficient with a can-do and hands-on attitude
- Organized and structured
- Motivated to drive sales and growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional language skills a merit, primarily Japanese
- Good computer literary
- Highly motivated, performance oriented, self-initiative and a team-player
- Passionate about fashion in general, sales, and Saturdays NYC brand & products
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Please send a résumé for consideration to: [email protected]
Junior Graphic Designer
Saturdays is looking for a talented and multi-disciplinary Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. The position would work full-time at our main office and report directly to our Creative Director & Art Director
- Assist in the design process for a variety of projects including but not limited to weekly emailers, website updates, catalogs and product packaging
- Create work that demonstrates a strong sense of typography, layout, and composition
- Ability to think creatively within our in-house creative voice
- Prepare files for print & web production
- Ability to transition between multiple projects while managing deadlines efficiently
- Ability to manage external vendors (agencies, printers, production, photographers)
- Have at least 1-3 years of post grad working experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a larger group
- Should be a conceptual designer able to convey ideas and concepts through design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with print production and best web practices
- Knowledge in photography and ability to shoot and create content for social media is a plus
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and excited about design
- Capable of working within a fast paced work environment
- Self Starter who is able to take initiative, be productive and efficient
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Junior Graphic Designer" followed by your full name.
Retail Sales Representative
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time retail sales representatives for our SoHo and West Village locations.
- Identify ways to drive sales and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Enhance the customer service and create an environment that is welcoming to customers and coworkers
- Ensure store presentation and operating standards meet and exceed expectations
- Basic inventory management and maintenance.
- Strong experience in retail store work and sales is a must.
- Organized, devoted and hard worker
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Lightspeed a plus.
- Knowledge of surfing and surf related equipment a bonus.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Retail Sales Representative".
Fashion Design Intern - Spring 2019
Saturdays is seeking self-motivated fashion design interns for part-time and full-time roles for Spring 2019 at our corporate office. Interns will work with our design department on upcoming ready-to-wear collections. Students must be enrolled in college and able to receive credit to apply. Please note that this is an on-job experience program, not a mentorship.
- Working directly with design on various hands-on projects to prepare for upcoming ready-to-wear collection and/or SMU projects
- Expect a wide range of tasks from creating CADs to assembling TPs
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Knowledge of garment construction, and fundamental understanding of spec measurements is required
- Knowledge of fabric and understanding of basic applications not required but greatly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to receive academic credit
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Fashion Design Intern".
Production Intern - Spring 2019
Intern will work with Production team to gain insight on all stages of the apparel production process from initial concept through delivery.
- Assist in sourcing textiles and vendors.
- Attend fit sessions to ensure proper measurements are met and sample corrections are made.
- Monitor testing procedures on fabric, yarn, trim and finished garments.
- Maintain a Production Status Report to include current style detail information.
- Send out packages and check in protos, PPS and sample collection.
- Admin, tasks related to production and product development.
- Current enrollment in Production/Product Development degree program preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to receive academic credit.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Production Intern".
Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Associate
Saturdays is looking for an Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Specialist for our Ridgewood warehouse.
- Picking and packing daily Ecommerce orders
- Processing returns
- Customer Service via email and phones
- Working with POS and UPS Worldship
- Performing inventory spot checks
- Support general warehouse team during peak receiving and wholesale shipping periods
- 1-2 years experience ecommerce required
- Extremely organized and proactive
- Experience with Microsoft Office
How To Apply:
Please email your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected]